I participated in my first blog challenge at the beginning of this year. It was the Clever Marketer Prove It! Blog Challenge hosted by Heather Stephens. And Prove It! I did! I connected with some of the most amazing entrepreneurs, developed a new system for my blogging, refined my communication skills with my list, initiated what turned into an amazing working relationship with Heather and so much more!
What Is A Blog Challenge?
A blog challenge is when you decide to write/publish/post a certain number blog posts during a determined time frame. This could be done in a solo or group atmosphere. The rules of the challenge vary depending on host, but often include: topics, length, syndication, and/or publication date.
Blog Challenge Examples
- 30 pieces of original content in 30 days
- 1 video per day for 90 days
- 1 new post per week
- Read and comment on 10 blog posts / day
The list goes on and on….
Benefits of a Blog Challenge
There are SOOOOOO many….but I’m going to give you my pick of the Top 15 benefits of participating in a blog challenge
- Establish accountability partners
- Develop your writing skills
- Cultivate a habit of writing
- Create and authenticate your personal brand
- Build relationships with fellow challenge participants
- Increase your confidence in writing
- Strengthen your SEO
- Educate yourself through reading blogs in different niches
- Build relationships with your constituents and blog followers through the publishing of regular content
- Expand your speaking, writing, and brainstorming comfort zone
- Gain a deeper understanding of your vision
- Increase opt-in rates
- Build back links thru comments on participants blogs
- Grow your social network through the syndicating of blog posts through social media sites
- Increase blog traffic. The average traffic increase is double for a 30 day challenge
- New marketing ideas from other challenge participants
- Receive constructive feedback on ways to make your blog even more user friendly
Okay, that was 17…but you get the point. There are so many benefits to your personal development and business development.
Better Blogger Challenge
Now that you have a micro list of benefits, I’d like to invite you to participate in the Better Blogger Challenge!
The Better Blogger Challenge is the blog challenge I am hosting for you that begins January 9, 2012.
I’ve decided that the prizes for the challenge should be focused on the continuing and furthered growth of your business. The challenge sponsors are Xente Media and Blog Aid. Everyone who participates will be listed on MonyelleMingo.com with a link to their blog.
- 1 Month of personal coaching with Monyelle.
- 3 one hour calls to brainstorm and help you reach your goals!
- A solo interview posted on MonyelleMingo.com that will be promoted it to my list.
- You will receive a copy of the interview to use as well.
- Listed in a blog post on MonyelleMingo.com with the other challenge winners
- Marketing and Advertising strategy session with Tiffany Johnson of Xente Media
There’s more >> Better Blogger Challenge
Whether you decide to participate in the Better Blogger Challenge or not, I hope I’ve given you a bit of encouragement to participate in any blog challenge, even your own!
Have you participated in a blog challenge before? What was your experience?
To your success,
P.S. — Have you entered our December Giveaway? >> Enter NOW